- This event has passed.
October 21 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
On Beyond Trauma: Creating Safe Spaces to Heal
An invitation to dialogue with community health, faith-based and government organizations to address our urgent health agenda.
Saturday, October 21, 2017, • 8 am – 4 pm
High School for Recording Arts • 1166 University Ave. • Saint Paul, MN 55104
Baraza: A Black Woman’s Health Gathering is a community-driven event and growing movement of black women focused on improving the health and wellness of Twin Cities African/African American women. The African American Leadership Forum’s Health & Wellness work group invites you to join us on October 21, 2017, and get empowered to commit to being healthy mentally and physically with this year’s theme, “On Beyond Trauma: Creating Safe Spaces To Heal”.
2017 Presentations include:
- Keynote Speaker – Rev. Gloria Roach Thomas, Senior Pastor Camphor United Methodist Church
- Focus on mindful approaches to help manage your emotional health and the neuroscience behind it- with Dr. Sylvia Bartley, Author of Turning The Tide, Neuroscience, Spirituality and My Path Towards Emotional Health
- Focus on Emotional Health with Joi Lewis of Joi Unlimited
- Focus on Youth Development with Neda Renee of Project Diva
- Focus on Financial Health with Nneka Constantino of Merril Lynch
- Focus on Historic Trauma with Sam Simmons of Samuel Simmons Consulting
- Cooking Healthy Food with Flavor with Sharon Neal Carter of West Indies Soul
- Focus on Physical Health with Noir Elite Fitness Co-Founders Chaz Sandifer and Valerie Turner
- Georgia Ellyse, TV Reporter & Anchor at WTVM News Leader 9 in Duluth
- Interactive Theatre Production on Healing Through Trauma with Irreducible Grace Foundation
You’ll also have the opportunity to visit with various vendors there to provide you with helpful resources to help you live a holistically healthy life and stay on top of your well-being with health screenings in the Q-mobile Health Unit.