Coaching Team Request for Proposal (RFP)
Key Contact & Program Director: Adora Land Tolefree – Managing Director, Leadership Development, email@example.com
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, April 28 at 5pm CST
The Josie R. Johnson Leadership Academy (JRJLA) is a six-month leadership development journey for African American leaders in the Twin Cities. The program experience includes six learning modules (Opening Retreat, Sankofa, Leadership Part 1 & 2, Thrive, and Community), 1:1 professional coaching, peer mentoring and a capstone Leadership Project.
AALF’s Leadership Philosophy
The African American Leadership Forum seeks to uplift the Minnesota Black community by identifying and empowering Black leaders of all areas of focus and levels of professional expertise. We believe everyone has the capacity be a leader driving impactful change.
This project will be completed virtually with some project meetings onsite.
The JRJLA Program Team seeks to work with a professional coaching organization with deep expertise and proficient understanding of the African American experience to launch a newly redesigned coaching experience for the 2023 JRJLA Program. We are looking to collaborate with a team that has the ability to implement an evolving curriculum that may include improvement pivots and prompt timelines.
The coaching team lead will work closely with the JRJLA Program Team and report to the Program Director (PD). Project is hybrid – primarily virtual with some live on-site support required; beginning June 2023 through December 2023.
Coaching Team Scope of Work Overview
- Team of up to five (5) Black, experienced, gender-diverse and wellness-centered coaches
- Partner with JRJLA Program Director to review fellow assessments and pair with appropriate coach.
- Document fellow to coach pairing process
- Provide and manage scheduling process for fellow sessions
- Provide list of potential workshop topics
- Participate in applicable project team meetings
Coaching Team Key Responsibilities
- Provide personalized welcome for each assigned fellow
- Review fellows’ assessment results
- Seven (7) 1:1 coaching sessions (up to 60 minutes each) with up to five (5) fellows(JRJLA 2023 program to include total of 20 fellows)
- Monthly reporting to Program Director for each fellow
- Assist fellows with personal leadership canvas
- Attend onboarding orientation with JRJLA program team (on or near the date of June 1st)
- Attend mid-program and end of program debrief with JRJLA program team to receive coaching experience feedback
- Operate with excellence and punctuality
Coaching Team Preferred Requirements
- Certification obtained from an ICF accredited program
- Experience with coaching Black professionals
- High-level familiarity with Gallup Strengths Finder assessment
- Minimum three years coaching experience
- Twin-Cities, Minnesota based preferred, or knowledgeable of the Twin Cities area
- June 2023- December 2023
Proposal Submission Format:
- Name of organization, contact information and preferred method of communication
- Description of company including size, types of services offered and overview of current clientele
- Proposed scope of work
- Overview of resources required to fulfill partnership and scope
- Sample of work
- Proposed budget (inclusive of cost breakdown)
- Currently accepting proposals in the following budget range $45,000 – $55,000
Intended use of subcontracted work must be disclosed. If subcontractors are to be involved, appropriate evidence must be provided to verify that qualified personnel have the knowledge and skills required to effectively execute proposed services.
Acknowledgment of Relationship
AALF hereby specifically acknowledges that the contracted partner’s relationship with AALF will be solely and exclusively that of an independent contractor, that all services to be provided hereunder by contracted partner will be provided strictly on an independent contractor basis, and that in no event will contracted partner be, claim to be, or be considered an AALF employee for any purpose.
Upon acceptance of the proposed request, AALF will provide a final and binding contract for both parties to sign.
AALF shall award the contract to the proposal that best accommodates the various project requirements and reserves the right to: (i) award any contract prior to the proposal deadline or prior to the receipt of all proposals, (ii) refuse any proposal or contract, (iii) submitting a proposal grants AALF permission to contact all references to obtain information about performance.
Please submit proposal, that includes a sample of previous work, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 28, 2023 at 5pm CST